Outpatient Substance Use Disorder Program
Roxbury’s outpatient program offers evaluations and recommendations to anyone experiencing the negative impact of substance use or abuse. Our outpatient services include assessments, individual therapy, family sessions, group therapy and intensive outpatient programming. We specialize in treating substance abuse and/or dependence and use an integrated treatment approach for individuals with co-occurring mental health disorders.
Intensive Outpatient Programming Details (IOP)
The IOP program was designed to help maintain sobriety and stability in early recovery. It is a structured and organized program with a wide range of treatment modalities and group topics.
- Each IOP session lasts approximately 3 hours and meets 3 days per week. While 6 weeks is a typical length of stay, some individuals may need a longer period of support.
- An integrated treatment approach for co-occurring mental health disorders is used and consists of identifying and treating the symptoms of both substance abuse and mental health issues.
- Individual sessions are scheduled at set intervals to assess treatment progress and to ensure specific needs and personal goals are being met.
- Group topics range but focus mainly on ways to maintain sobriety.
- Roxbury offers Vivitrol® coordination services for clients who would like to receive medication assisted therapies to help aide in their recovery efforts.
Those who demonstrate higher levels of stability with respect to abstaining from mood-altering substances are eligible for Roxbury’s outpatient group. Outpatient groups are focused on helping participants identify problems, maintain sobriety, and develop healthier patterns of behavior.
- Each group is a weekly 90-minute counseling session.
- Treatment is determined by each individual’s presenting concerns but typically consists of 8-12 weeks with ongoing monitoring of progress, random drug screens, and completion of treatment plan objectives.
- Groups mainly focus on recovery.
A client may need to access Roxbury Outpatient Services for the sole purpose of obtaining an assessment due to a DUI, employer referral, or other reason. Outpatient assessments are available and treatment recommendations provided to the client based on the outcome of the assessment. Referrals to other levels of care can be made depending on a client’s specific circumstances.
How Do I Make an Appointment?
Roxbury Outpatient is open Monday-Friday during normal business hours. To schedule an appointment with the Carlisle office, call 717-249-5010. To schedule an appointment with the Chambersburg office, call 717-264-2400. If you call after hours or on the weekend, please leave a message and your call will be returned on the next business day.
Minerva Mills Building #4
401 East Louther Street, Suite 213
Carlisle, PA 17013
The Professional Arts Building
25 Penn Craft Avenue, Suite 312
Chambersburg, PA 17201