Adolescent Inpatient Psychiatric Program
Roxbury Psychiatric Hospital has created a nurturing and caring environment to treat youth ages 13-17 with psychiatric disorders. This program was uniquely designed to focus on the individual strengths of each child and develop a treatment care plan that will focus on these strengths. Additionally, the program provides the following benefits:
- Personalized care that is evident in their individual treatment plans and continuing care plans.
- Small unit with only (10-18 beds) and limited age group (13-17). This allows for more individual attention to needs.
- Full time psychiatrist who can spend additional time when needed to address medication concerns
- Low staff turnover which allows us to provide consistent, personalized care for short term and long term needs.
- Counseling options that are adapted to the needs of each patient and can include:
- Individual counseling
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- A range of structured and unstructured activities to encourage an easier transition back into every-day living:
- Recreational therapy- gymnasium
- Relaxation therapy
- Allied therapies to include art, music, and recreation
- On site teacher during the school year to ensure educational goals and objectives continue to be met.
We know placing a loved one into treatment can be a difficult decision. Please call our admissions department with any questions or contact us with your inquiries.